Sunday, September 28, 2003

Damn you, Chubby!

I should have been worried after all. The head teacher, Thomas, came to Toby and I on Thursday evening to tell us that our director decided not to grant a day off on October 27. Thomas told us the director thought we should go home for the long break at Christmas instead. Incidentally, our airline tickets expire on December 8, and the break starts on December 25. Dismayed, we (read Toby) calmly re-relayed the situation with more stress on the expiration date of our tickets, and Thomas agreed to take it to the director again. So (after going out drinking with two of our favourite Korean teachers from work when I finished crying in the bathroom) we've spent the weekend waiting and seeing, and are not exactly looking forward to going to work in 8 hours to hear what Thomas has to say.

My mom told me to be positive, so that's what I'll try to be. I checked on flights that leave October 27 after we get off work, and we can still make to Calgary for about three and a half days.... which we'll do if I can't cancel the already booked/payed for return flights. So I'll still be there in time for Yamato on the 28th, but I'll miss the only Flames home game and a weekend spent with my brother. But I'll still get to see my family and consume 2 half belly busters and a codi scramble, so it's still in the goods - just a little bit shorter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home