Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Well, I have a reservation on a Korean air flight back to Calgary on October 24. It arrives via Vancouver at 4:20 p.m. Only three steps in the planning process remain for me.

First of all, I need to officially change my destination on my ticket from St. John's, Newfoundland, to Calgary, Alberta. This tiny detail costs a grand total of $150.00, amazing, since tickets flying to and from Newfoundland are actually the most expensive ones in and out of Korea, thus leading me to believe I actually ought to be getting a discount. But hey, that's not how the airline industry works.

Next, there is the small detail of getting Monday, October 27 off work. As I've previously mentioned, the last day of the semester is a Monday, then we get a 6 day break. Well, we're going to push our luck and see if we can bring in substitute teachers for a day to give ourselves a 10 day break instead. We got some seemingly solid advice from a fellow teacher today though, and I'm no longer too worried about the school saying no. That, and the tickets are booked.

The third thing is the necessary step of booking a return ticket to Korea. Yes, I'm coming back. I don't feel much like coming back today (Cool Runnings was on one of our many movie channels, and I basically started to cry when I saw Calgary's skyline) but if I don't then I won't be able to give the royal bank the money I owe them and they'll seize all of my assets. Snicker. Ok, well they'll seize my dad's assets. And that's just not fair. That, and I'm leaving most of my stuff here because I have so many cool gifts to bring back with me. Hanbok-a-plenty. Duffles full. Ok, so you're really just getting fans with "Be the Reds" on them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home