Monday, September 08, 2003

Woo hoo! I now have a comments section! I'm very excited about it. I've been meaning to set it up since I started blogging, but you know how procrastination is...

So my weekend was relatively uneventful. I went and boozed it up a bit on Friday night at Bricx, where I met a couple from Cape Bretton who teach at another Kang's Language School in Seoul. They thought they were the only non-SDA, non-religious, non-40 year olds that were at the franchise. When we told them where we work, they asked if we were spies. It was tres funny.

In other news, I bought a scrabble game on Friday night (pre boozin), and spent most of the weekend embroiled in solo bouts of verbostruction. I went from words such as darn in game 1 while watching the Lord of the Rings, to nirvana and drivel in tonight's tense tournament with myself (I was playing with a cup-o-gin whilst waiting for Toby to finish an important phone call he was on). I'm going to be a scrabble junkie by the end of this week (it's the thanksgiving holiday in Korea, so we've got 5 days in a row off work), and I'm considering starting a match by post, as the rulebook allows. Can you imagine how long that game would take? Scrabble by post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home