Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Either I'm getting a cold, or the smog has finally made it into my throat for good. At least I'm having voice problems during vacation and not in the middle of the semester. Doing repetition drills with a sore throat makes me want to go back to being a medical receptionist.

Being that it's vacation time and I just got paid, I went to a movie today. It was my first successful solo movie in Korea (I tried to go a Friday night about a month ago but the theatres weren't showing any films past 9 pm for some completely incomprehensible reason) as Toby opted to sit in front of my scrabble board watching America's Next Top Model. I may have been about as productive with my time and $15 richer had I stayed home and skipped the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, but when you've got a movie craving, you've got a movie craving. Interestingly, I was one of three foreigners in the theatre. In Korea, your seats in movie theatres are assigned when you buy your tickets. The other two foreigners were seated next to me. Makes me wonder if there was maybe a section for the non-squid-gobbling viewers. Sadly I can't find any pictures of the typical snack combos offered at the movie theatres here, so you'll have to take my word for the odd combination of two Cokes, a bucket of popcorn, and a microwaved package of dried squid. Makes for a rather interesting aromatic experience in the theatres.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home