Monday, September 01, 2003

My stories have been posted. Well, some of them. I still have two or three to write, but I have a couple of days to get them done. Even though sports are more timely than most other things the Gauntlet publishes, I'm not really worried since it seems that Toby and I and a group from CIS were the only Canadian media interested in the Universiade games. Twas a great experience though, and I'm sure to write more about it soon.

Don't worrry. The West Wing is back. I had a moment of panic when my unpredictable Korean channels showed bad Nicolas Cage movies instead, but it was all for naught. It was back on tonight at 10:15. I am very relieved. I don't want to start reading fan sites on a daily basis, trying to visualize the episodes they describe. I don't need to start having dreams about Josh. Well, more dreams about Josh.

Enough about that though.

The real point of the blog tonight is to disclose an epiphany. I miss writing. I tried it for a little while, in what seems like another life, and I enjoyed it. I was even kind of good at it, if a little basic and unzany. And so I'm going to do it again. My experience at the Universiade has led me to want to become a better writer, practice my journalism techniques, and learn how to use the English language again. Toby has convinced me of the beauty of the blog, so I've decided to start publishing properly and more often. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do, as of yet, but it will most likely involve this blog. But hopefully it will look nicer than this blog. I really should do something about that soon.

Apparently I'm boring and maternal these days, so I really have nothing else to add. Bite me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home