Thursday, February 05, 2004

I brought up the aforementioned plan with head-teacher-Thomas yesterday. It was brief, it was concise. He said he would take it to the boss. Today, I asked him if he had any news for me, and he said he would tell me tomorrow. After more than a year in Korea I have yet to learn if that's a good sign, a bad sign, or if it has absolutely no significance whatsoever. I guess I'll wait and see. I'm not exactly stressing about the outcome, as I don't think I have much chance of getting any extra money from the school, and even if they say they'll pay my salary early they're sure to be later than I'll need them to be... anyway. The disturbing part about the conversation with good old Thomas was that he told me that I should wait until the last day of classes to tell my students that I'm leaving. I'm not exactly comfortable with that. I think they deserve more notice than that. Some of the parents will be angry that the school didn't tell them ahead of time, and some of the students may only be staying at this institute because they like their teacher (not to sound full of myself or anything), so it's really not fair for them to wait until the last day. I think I'm going to tell them early... or find a way for them to find out. I care more about the kids than the phone calls the school is going to get.

Tonight they were also interviewing a couple of foreign teachers, and funnily enough, one was a guy from Calgary. I'm surprised to see that they're looking for a man. I was certain they would try to find a woman to replace me, but Thomas told me yesterday that they are looking for a man.

Nothing much else to say, other than I've developed a nice little sore throat in time for the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home