Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Procrastination...or fear?

So the head teacher (Thomas from here on out) did not tell the director today at work. He waited until I got in at 1:50 p.m. (AFTER HIS MEETING WITH THE DIRECTOR) to see if Hennie (the aforementioned other foreign teacher) had been able to change my mind. Then he told me at 4:30 that he hadn't told him yet. Frustration began to creep into my face as Thomas asked me again if I was sure. I told him I had written a letter and that I could give it to him if he wanted it. He told me he would talk to the director. At 7:55 he told me he would be talking to the director in 15 or so minutes. When I left my last class of the day at 8:52, Thomas was sitting at a table in the lobby having a conversation with the administrator (Julia) who is "responsible" for me. At 9:02 I went over to him and asked if he had anything to tell me before I went home. He told me that the director wasn't around, so Thomas couldn't tell him. But he did tell Julia, and was planning to tell the director ON THE PHONE later tonight. I got to reaffirm my decision to leave to Julia before heading home.

Things are rather quiet around here this evening. Apart from an attempt to put my experiences with the SU into written words, it's been a normal evening. Talking about the SU occasionally makes me want to go back to old vices. So far it's just gotten to the point of listening to SU era music and remembering conversations Tash and I had in the early days. I try not to think too much about being asked to resign on a weekly basis by a couple of vocal council members. Bastards.

In other news, Miss Puddles is being uncharacteristically quiet tonight. She must be sick. She's done nothing but howl since her owner abandoned her with me... She still doesn't respond to Miss Puddles....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home