Monday, August 11, 2003

I started writing out my goals last night. I used to try to follow my dad's advice and write my goals once a year. He has one year plans, three year plans, five year plans, and I think he even has ten year plans. I haven't had a plan for the last year and a half. I decided I need a plan. Or at least some tangible things to accomplish. So I've been thinking about my goals for the past three weeks, and yesterday I decided I was ready to write them down.

I only have 6 articulated so far, and I'm not ready to share them here. There are at least 5 more to go. These are just the one year goals for now. The ones that are further away may take a few more days of thought before I write them down. Not that they'll be unchangeable once they're in a journal. They'll just seem less acheivable. But from that semblance comes motivation somehow, at least with me.

More interesting, though, is the story of where they are being written for now. My dear friend has sent me a new journal within which I am to record my thoughts, goals, dreams, observation and drivel. Upon completion of said journal, I am to send it to him, along with an empty one for him to write in. I wonder if any of his thoughts will be responses... hmm. Anyway, he sent the journal to me some time ago, but I've only just finished writing in the first one that I started for him. The remaining step is for me to venture out to Insa-dong (now that I've been paid) and purchase a fine, handcrafted, journal for him. I shall then be trusting my thoughts and my Korean handicrafts to international mail.

check out Terra Incognita or Burning the Morning Calm for weekend details. Or at least Toby's scattered side of the story. Let's just say that I took pictures of him worshipping at Bricx, we had to leave the bar around 5:00 a.m. and we spent a few hours sitting on the concrete, waiting for him to be able to lift his head. He may or may not post the photos. Beg him. I have no power over the camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home