Thursday, June 24, 2004

Joe's is the only place for Steve

I went to see Dodgeball last night. Inadvertently of course, as I don't think I would have chosen to take my deflated bank account to Chinook were I lured by prospects of a free movie thanks to Lisha's press pass. Sadly, the film we went watch a preview of "sold out" within 8 minutes, so we opted to pay for Dodgeball instead. It was hilarious.

A big part of why I wanted to see it was to determine whether or not the trailer wrecked one of the funniest-looking parts of the movie. It often seems that comedy trailers give away too many of the jokes to make seeing the movie in theatres at $10.95 a pop worthwhile. I'm happy to report that this was not the case with Dodgeball. I nearly died laughing at the part of the trailer when Patches O'Houlihan says "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!" Then hucks one at the scrawny teenager. And I'm happy to say that the scene is even better in the movie. We were also coincidentally joined by Sean, one of Lisha's friends who has been popping up everywhere lately. We're all going to see Fahrenheit 9/11 on Friday afternoon which is bound to be one of the most interesting movies of the year.

In other news, I seem to have killed Trevor and Madeline, along with their legion of budding unnamed brethren. I guess my office is not the good place for plants I thought it was. I'm considering going to visit Miranda and picking up something else that isn't so tropical and easy to underwater and undersun, but I'll probably have to give it a pass, as every green thing I touch seems to get shrivelly within a few days. Which is a shame, really. I can see myself gardening, all wide-brim hated with my spade in the back yard, dog chasing the cat chasing bird in the background, wiping summer sweat from my brow with a dirt-darkened gloved hand. Not as picturesque when the poesies are drooping and wilted and the chives won't grow. I don't have a picture of poor Trever and Madeline (little Madeline spoke only French) as the caretakers seem to have recognized that they were past any possible rescuscitation and done away with them in the night. Rest in peace, mes petites fleures. I hope you become part of the nutrient-rich mulch you were meant to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home